Trading bulk for simplicity
I’ve long preached the content-management power of WordPress as an effective and sustainable solution for small to mid-sized organizations. This should be a good demonstration of what it can do.
- The project aims to:
- Make it easier for CERF staff to manage content (using either the web interface or a desktop client)
- Reduce hosting and maintenance costs (no nasty plugin incompatibilities and core hacking to make things work here…)
- Increase the semantics and accessibility of the XHTML (I’ll be saying goodbye to wrestling html that is embedded within core php code)
- Allow for easier image management (Say hello to drag-and-drop ajaxed-out image placement and manipulation…. nothing i’ve seen for Drupal can hold a torch to this stuff)
- Create a platform for future growth at a fraction of the costs of previous development cycles
Well, this is going to be fun.
Over the next few weeks I’ll be documenting the process, pros, and pitfalls of the whole experience. It should be hot.